Communications MA Alone Worth It?

I have been checking out the grad program and found many things I like about it, but also noticed many students are just prepping for a PhD.  I am not interested in continuing on for a terminal degree at present (could change my mind as the program went on), but would rather get out there and build experience after the MA.  I talked to one of the more highly rated schools, they said there are positions for MA only students, but the school really boasts that their program mainly preps for PhD's with most students moving on to another school (no PhD program at said school).

Of course when you ask most people about further education they are encouraging, but I would like to hear what the real world viewpoint is, brass tax.  Dropping $35,000 or more for no greater advantage isn't something I am interested in, but if there is an advantage in the working world with a Comm MA, that is something that I would like to hear more about.  Just would rather not waste time and money.  Thanks for any feedback and more importantly, real talk.

There is one important question that jumps at me here: What kind of jobs are you aiming for?

My first step would be to look at job postings and see what the minimum requirements are and then maybe look at statistics for certain professions and check what degrees people have and how much they earn.

Yup, I have been looking at what businesses and job postings are looking for.  Most are saying BA only.  The reason I am interested in Comm is that it is versatile, from PR work to health comm, HR to education, even journalism slightly.  The problem is that I am seeing with most of those positions (save HR where it is about 50/50 asking for BA or masters) they don't seem to require a masters.  It's looking like experience trumps degree in this field, unless you are going into education.  

I wouldn't recommend it.  I was in PR for years before going back to school and experience is definitely valued over education.  I seriously doubt an MA can give you the edge you need and it will almost certainly cost a ridiculous amount of money.  I know this might sound like generic advice, but in communications, experience is especially important because so much of your appeal as an applicant has to do with your network of professional contacts.  The only way to build that is to work.  And a network of fellow students won't cut it either, because they'll be in the same position as you are after graduation...