ADVICE ON CHOICE OF SCHOOL

ayworld

Hi everyone, please can you guys give me your honest opinion on Oklahoma State University geology program. Does it have a good reputation? Is a masters degree from the program well respected? Does the program attract big companies into hiring their graduates? How does it compare to Univ of Tulsa and OU? Thanks

That is probably something you should ask graduate students who go there; I am not really sure many people here will know a lot about those kinds of programs. It is also helpful to know what type of geology you are going into. Are you going for an MA or an MSc?  all these things are important.

• 2 months later...

Also relevant, are you hoping to get a professional degree and move into the hydrocarbon industry, groundwater monitoring, or academics?  The end point is going to determine the best school to get you there.  That said, I have heard OSU's petroleum geology program is respected (and often employable).