Would graduate school (U of MN, FL, or IU) likely rescind my acceptance over one poor grade?

SeniorSteph

I'm a college senior getting ready to graduate with two science degrees and I've been accepted to some graduate programs in Public Health (MPH) for next year. My overall GPA sits around a 3.2 - lots of 3.0s and 3.5s with some 4.0s in EPI and Health classes that I actually enjoy. I'm working as many hours a week I'm allowed to during school - on top of being an RA (since that isn't hourly) - etc - so I do what I can.

This semester I'm looking at two 3.5s, one 3.0, and there's one class I'll likely slide by with a 1.5 in (which I'm allowed to have and still graduate, as my science major cumulative will be very much above a 2.0, which is the rule).

If I had more time this semester, I know I could've at least 3.0ed it if not higher. Do I e-mail the schools before sending a transcript and explain this then ask if they'd prefer me to re-take the course this summer (as it is available and I'll be in the area)? Or do I simply send this final transcript? Do you think they would revoke my acceptance over one clearly poor grade - even though it did NOT affect me being awarded my degrees and my GPA remains above a 3.0?

(Note that my cumulative GPA drops very little as I have taken just over 150 credits, so it only falls to around a 3.14 or something.)

Edited by SeniorSteph

Most schools have a minimum GPA that they require you to uphold as a condition of there offer (for example, on my acceptance letter two conditions were stipulated: 1) Successful completion of the program I am currently enrolled in; 2) Maintain a minimum B+ GPA). If your school does then it should have been listed on your acceptance letter. If maintaining a minimum GPA is not one of their listed conditions then don't worry about it and there is no need to notify them.

Yeah, they didn't give any GPA restrictions, they probably expect my cumulative to remain above a 3.0 but they only said they need a transcript showing that I've completed my degrees, which I will have done even with that grade.