University selection Dilemma for Phd Economics

xyzgrad

Hi all please have my profile check and suggest which universities would be appropriate. If ANY CHANCE OF GETTING INTO TOP 25 OR 50 (at least) US universities

Scores GRE :162 Q (86%), 159 V (80%), 3.5 A (30%)

CGPA 3.66 MBA Finance

Worked as Research Assistant (2 research topics in business) and Teaching Assistant for University Assistant professor

No research publication though my thesis was selected for international conference which unfortunately I couldnot present at

Currently taking calculus III course

MBA completed from South Asia

Which universities could be reasonable ones? Will taking Gre again matter?

• 2 months later...

To make the cut in a top-25 econ program, you probably need a maximum quant score on the GRE.  At most one or two notches down from max, but you'll be at a disadvantage against your competition who will largely have it.  Retaking is definitely a good option if you think you'll actually do better.

You didn't leave a lot of detail to go on, but you could probably swing the lower-end of the top-50 if you have very good marks in the math classes you do have.  Consider taking differential equations.