MPH funding?

madelion1

Has anyone gotten anything more than just loans for Master's of Public Health programs? It seems like PhD applicants get a good deal of funding, but how common is it for master's students? I'm asking because the school I want to go to gave me NO money (besides loans), even though they told me I was a priority admit student, and keep calling me and sending me letters...What's the deal?

Guest guest

it is hard to get funding from public schools for MPH programs. last year, i was a very strong applicant and got into several programs. i would have had to take out mega-loans for berkeley, and managed to find a TA job @ ucla, but i was offered a full-tuition scholarship @ yale. it's gotta be b/c yale is just rollin' in it.

professional degrees are generally very poorly funded.

(i ended up going into a phd program instead)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

I did not have to pay tuition for my MPH (just some of the fees), and for some reason they did not give funding awards out (except for a very small number) until after students accepted their offers. Are you going to a public school? If so, then there may be opportunities to TA or RA in exchange for a tuition waiver or a tuition reduction for out-of-state students. I would suggest talking with the administrative coordinator to ask about available opportunities.