post bac at UMass Amherst

Does anyone have further knowledge on the postbac program at UMass Amherst? I am confused about whether it is a continuing ed program that does not require admission, or whether you need to get admission on the usual application cycle. 

Any info would be helpful. I am scrambling to get into a postbac program this fall, but it's very late in the game. I applied to Portland State (on time) and Univ of Wisconsin Madison (after the priority deadline). Other programs also look good, but it's too late for all of them.

I am not interested in an online program because it doesn't suit my learning style.

Thanks!

My understanding is that the program does require "admission" because there is only so much room in a classroom, but admission is non-competitive. I did the program a few years ago, and I just called the phone number listed on their postbac program website to speak to the office manager, Joy. She answered all my questions and sent me a registration packet. As of May 2011, they had filled all the post-bac spots for the following two years due to high interest. I think it's first-come, first-served, so I would definitely call and find out what the deal is as soon as possible. Good luck!