Anxiety Dreams

danieleWrites

I hate these things.

I had one the other night that was so real, I thought I was actually living it. I am actually stupid enough to entertain the idea of getting an MFA and a PhD at the same time. Even though I only want an MFA in the abstract, as a degree collector, not because I intend to ever do anything with it. I have no intention of ever getting an MFA. Except maybe later, because there are some kickin' low residency programs. No, Daniele! Bad! Bad! No biscuit!

I spent most of my day logging on to my university account to make sure I hadn't enrolled in three extra classes. I'm still doing it. Urgh.

Mine are more retroactive. I quit teaching high school two years ago, but will still have the dream about the "mutinous class" from time to time...

I love the relief of waking up and realizing it's not real! But ya, the fact I still have them, and that my subconscious seems to be selectively remembering fears/problem kids more so than the good times, bothers me on some level.