UChicago MAPSS...Math Camp?

Lmay417

First of all, this is my first post on Gradcafe after a long time as a lurker, and I'd like to start by thanking the collective community for all of the insight and help, however indirect it may have been.  As it gets closer and closer to the end of the summer and the start of my first year as a grad student, I find myself on the message boards more and more, something that I didn't think was possible, considering all the time I spent on the forums while I was doing my grad apps!

Anyways, does anybody know anything about the "Math Camp" or "Math for Social Sciences" class (the number is SOSC 30100, I think) that the University of Chicago offers before the start of the fall quarter?  I mean, besides the information that they've given the incoming students like me.  Basically, would any current/former students who've taken it like to weigh in on it as far as difficulty/pace/usefulness/etc?  I've been back and forth across these boards and have yet to find anything on this topic.  

I don't have a lot of experience with matrix algebra or stats (I was a double major History/PolySci in undergrad, but mostly it was theoretical work and not a lot of numbers) so I'm not sure if I'll even be able to survive a 10-day class.  I signed up for it though because I want to keep my options open as far as research goes; basically I don't want to exclude a project because of a lack of stats experience.  

Also, if there's any other MAPSS students on here, I'd love to start getting to know all of you!  If you'd like to talk you can either PM me or shoot me an email at lmay417@gmail.com.