MS in CS with non CS background!!!

aviator93

Hello everyone!!
I am pursuing mechanical engineering in NIT warangal,AP(Among the top 10 colleges in India). I am very interested in computer science and have done many online courses in coursera,udacity etc.I have also secured a position as an intern for 1 yr in a software company.I am planning to apply for FALL 2015 and my idea is to apply for 50-100 ranked colleges for MS in CSE.I went through some of the universities's CS website and found that I have to satisfy the prereqs by taking an extra semester(by doing courses like OS,DSA etc).Is this approach recommended????
The main reason for taking this step is although i go for masters in mech i have heard from my seniors and read in some other blogs that job prospects for mechanical engineers  are not good in USA and is very difficult to find a sponsor for these jobs.
As i am interested in CSE,and given the academic flexibility of the US education system i felt that i can shift majors confidently and also as job scope for CSE is very good i can manage with a good job(PS:Job scope is not my only priority,I could have gone for MS in finance or MS in IE but i am genuinely interested in CSE to some extent)

My profile as of now is
CGPA-7.65/10
Few Projects in mech(I can elaborate them but since this post is related to shift of majors from mech, I am not)

I just felt that someone in a huge forum like this mi8 hav already shifted majors or have some idea related to this.
Awaiting valuable inputs from seniors and experienced people.
Thank you guys.