Jump to content

Common-law work permit for partner in Canada - anyone done it?


Recommended Posts

Hi all,


I am an American who will be attending the University of Toronto in the fall. I'm hoping that my common-law partner will be able to benefit from Canada's policy of giving work permits to the partners of students. Has anyone done this? Any tips for the process? One thing I am concerned about is that we have only been together for two years, and it's really only a year since we meet their requirements (cohabitation, shared bills, etc). It seems that the minimum is one year, and we do meet the minimum; but will they actually grant the work permit if you're at the minimum?


All opinions, tips, etc welcome :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.