Information about Cornell M. Eng Biomedical Engineering

calvin8

Hello everyone,

I recently graduated with a B.S. in Neuroscience from an excellent state school, and strongly desire to pursue higher studies in engineering. After this training, I plan to look for a job in industry.

I learned about the Cornell M. Eng - MBA joint program a week ago, and haven't stopped thinking about it since. In that time, I've read every line on Cornell's website pertaining to the program, reread them, spoken with an alumni of the program on the phone, contacted two former professors for more information, and began scouring the internet for appropriate forums.

The alumni I spoke with mentioned that he really enjoyed how balanced the M. Eng - MBA program is. In his words, the program is organized such that students focus on expanding their technical knowledge during the M. Eng program, and focus on expanding their connections during the MBA program. 

I would like to hear from alumni of or current students in the program, but I welcome anyone with good knowledge of the joint program (or either program separately) to please provide their advice.

1) What is the advantage of completing both degrees in a two-year time frame, versus completing the M. Eng and then enrolling in Cornell's standard two-year MBA program? What are the disadvantages?

2) Does the one-year MBA program require GMAT scores? 

3) How does the one-year MBA program stack up against the two-year MBA program? Is there sufficient time to intern during the one-year program? 

4) How does your experience stack up with the comments made by the alumni I spoke with (see above)?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and provide a response!

Edited by calvin8