Best schools to apply for PhD in Neurochemsitry

gesuelliKA

I'm a currently a senior chemistry major with a psych minor. I was originally interested in neurochemistry but not many schools offer that program so I was advised to look into interdisciplinary neuroscience programs. I have a 3.58 GPA,I have conducted physical chemistry research and have a pending publication,  I am also starting a psych based research internship at a hospital in the fall. I realize with my GPA that many top tier schools are probably out of reach, but I was wondering if anyone could suggest a neuroscience program that was more chemistry based and realistic for me t apply to based on my credentials? 

Thanks!

I would suggest you to consider programs that combine neuroscience / neurobiology and biophysics, simply because I doubt that there are actual, pure chemists working on neuroscience topics. i do know some biophysicists who were chemists in practice, and some of them study neuroscience topics.

To be brief, it doesn't seem to be common to have a chemistry-based neuroscience program. biophysics programs is interdisciplinary and may take you closer to neuroscience based on physical science approaches.