MPA Government Inquiry

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but.

I'm going to be applying next year for some jobs, and a few MPA programs, a few IR programs and a few programs that allow me to combine and do both.

My concentration with my MPA would be non profit management and my concentration with an IR program would be International Secuirty Studies or Human Rights (probably the former)

I should start this by saying this thead 'assumes' i'll get into a program. Big assumption, I know but lets just assume that, yeah?

I know what I want to do and have narrowed it down to 2 things. I want to work either for the government or for a non profit organization that deals with international issues.

• From an Non profit side I want to, in the end, run and be in charge of a non profit that deals with international issues.
  • If I go down government i want to in the end work as the head of a branch possibly or a high level offical. i wouldn't mind 'working my way up' as a lot of government people do, maybe as a Counterintelligence Threat Analys or Counterterrorism Analyst (using the CIA as an example). I think the analysis and critical thinking skills I get from the MPA and the IR programs will suit me well.

Does an MPA/IR aid with this at all? Am I completely bonkers and going down the wrong path? Does an MPA do anything for government based positions. Ideally I'd like a degree(s) that will keep both options open until I decide in grad school what exactly I want to do.

Thank you for all you can!