Contacting POIs

architecture 604

Hey guys!

I know this has been brought up before, but I was wondering, is it alright to contact potential advisors and just say: this is my work, this is what I want to accomplish. I like your work for this reason, these are the intersections between the two and what I can learn from you and the program. Can you tell me if X school is a good fit? I'm applying to Masters programs so I don't know how accepted reaching out to professors is.

What do you all think?

Reaching out to potential supervisors is an excellent idea, do your best to personalize the email as well.  I like your work "specific example and note" and feel it strongly relates to what I wish to do in graduate school "xxxx".

All in all, you are doing the right move.

I did that last round, and got answers from about half of them, which I think is a pretty good ratio. My only hedge on it right now is that a lot of professors may still be out of the office still, since it's still summer, and maybe in September you'd have better luck?