MICA- Rinehart & Mt Royal

yousername

I think I would pull out all of my hair if I didn't have an acceptance in hand. As it is, I'm freaking out about deadlines and visits all over again anyway.

Good luck to you. I called them earlier and they said they'd be sending out decisions sometime this week. I'm not sure whether or not to believe them, since it seems like they call the lucky folks some days before people get rejections in the mail.

Judging from previous years posts in the results section of the site, it seems like each of MICA's grad programs do there own thing when it comes to acceptances...Mount Royal seemed to be later than Hoffberger last year, and by mail, whereas Hoffberger seems to call and has already done so this year. Don't recall hearing anything one way or another for Rinehart, but honestly have only been focused on Hoffberger and Mount Royal, since those are the ones I've got money and futures riding on!

• 2 weeks later...

I am waitlisted at MICA in 2 programs, Rinehart and Mt. Royal. I was just going to accept at another school, but I have been reconsidering. They are ranked so highly, and I never did get around to visiting... So I am thinking of making the trip to MD next week.

My question is this: Is accepting at one school, and then rescinding the acceptance, really so bad? I am coming up on the response deadlines for other programs, and MICA is really cutting it close with their notifications. I don't want to end up nowhere in the Fall because I was waiting on MICA, but I also don't want to pull the bait and switch on one of these other schools. Faculty and staff at all of these places have been so great, I really don't want to be rude.

But MICA... is MICA... and I don't know if I could really pass that up. But do I even have a chance of getting in off the list? They say it's a small group, but who knows. Blech.

I say do what you gonna do! Worst thing that could happen if you accept then rescind is you lose your deposit, and maybe annoy someone at a school you will not be attending...worst thing that happens if you wait only for MICA is you end up not getting in anywhere and being stuck. Of course, first order of business is waiting as long as possible before accepting or denying the offer from the first school. Also definitely go down and visit, you might find it's not even the program for you after doing so, or that you want to go there so badly you'd rather focus just on MICA.

I am waitlisted at MICA in 2 programs, Rinehart and Mt. Royal. I was just going to accept at another school, but I have been reconsidering. They are ranked so highly, and I never did get around to visiting... So I am thinking of making the trip to MD next week.

My question is this: Is accepting at one school, and then rescinding the acceptance, really so bad? I am coming up on the response deadlines for other programs, and MICA is really cutting it close with their notifications. I don't want to end up nowhere in the Fall because I was waiting on MICA, but I also don't want to pull the bait and switch on one of these other schools. Faculty and staff at all of these places have been so great, I really don't want to be rude.

But MICA... is MICA... and I don't know if I could really pass that up. But do I even have a chance of getting in off the list? They say it's a small group, but who knows. Blech.