Genre Theory (mostly medieval but also modern)

Hey there!

I am interested in medieval genre theory for both secular and religious texts and realise that most publications on the subject focus on modern genres like the novel. I know that there is the odd exception in medieval French genre and gender theory, but there does not seem to be too much out there with regard to medieval Latin or vernacular genre theory.

Are any of ye interested in the subject? Would you be able to recommend or would you know any specific literature which focuses on genre in the Middle Ages which I might have missed?

I am looking to do research which moves away from the traditional form/content-based approach and looks at broader strokes and concepts such as mysticism, imagination, the role of heroic protagonists and their treatment.

In addition, I am also interested in how modern genre theory is applied to medieval texts (perhaps out of a lack of adequate critical studies in the earlier period). Here I am thinking of Bakhtin's studies on open time and narrative temporality (for Dostoevsky's work originally) as well as Lacan on similar topics in, for instance, the Chrétien corpus in medieval French literature.

I would be happy to read your thoughts and comments on any of the above.