Advice on MSW Programs

kiki123

So, I have been admitted into a MSW program and will be starting classes next week. As such, I was wondering if anyone had tips/advice about how to succeed in a MSW program. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm only starting as well so my 'advice' is really just a few good pointers received from faculty and students already in the program.  Staying organized is key. Make sure you don't procrastinate and plan your time wisely.  Faculty is there to support you and help you succeed so keep them in the loop if you are feeling overwhelmed.   MSW programs have A LOT of readings. Chances are you will not be able to get to them all so don't beat yourself up if you are falling behind. Just make sure you have read the key articles in their entirety for sure and maybe a few other article abstracts so you get the gist of it. Finally, make sure you have FUN. Balance is so important. You will burn out if it is school 24/7.

Good luck!!