Joint M.A. / M.A.T. programs

LadyVerity

I'm hoping I can get some help :) I'm looking to apply to Classics programs. My original intent was to apply to M.A. programs, and then continue to get my Ph.D. in Anthropology so that I may teach it at the university level. Research-wise, I am most interested in mythology. But after some serious consideration I've decided I want to teach for several years in high school before getting my Ph.D. and moving up to the university. 

A high school teacher of mine mentioned a program that combines the M.A. and M.A.T. programs so that I can graduate with both degrees. Do any of you have any knowledge of a program like that? I want to get both program so I don't compromise the amount of material I learn for either degree - education and Classics.

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

I don't think I've ever seen a dual-degree program, where you actually earn both an MA and an MAT.  MATs typically focus on Latin only, since virtually no high school offers Greek, so you would only have room for a course or two of Greek, if that.  You might consider doing an MA in classics and looking at private high school jobs, since they often do not require state teaching certification.

You might consider doing an MA in classics and looking at private high school jobs, since they often do not require state teaching certification.

Ditto. I've never heard of any dual degree programs but that doesn't mean there aren't any out there. If you want to go on to a PhD eventually, it might be better to pursue an M.A. so that you can get balanced training in Latin and Greek.