USC SPPD or UOC Harris School?

mppguy

So after the grueling few months of waiting for acceptance letters, I've narrowed down my decision to USC's SPPD and Chicago's Harris School. Both are offering me full tuition to go there.

I'm leaning heavily towards the SPPD right now as it's more in line with my current objectives for landing a job in California state government. From what I see of the faculty, USC is second to none when it comes to getting a job in Sacramento, (where I currently live).

However, Harris is nothing to turn one's nose up at. I'm wondering if anyone has heard about the merits of that school and any specializations or programs that the school really excels at. Not to sound like an ass, but I looked at their featured alumni list and couldn't find anyone doing anything that I'd consider as a career following school.

For what it's worth, i'd be most interested in pursuing a specialization in criminal justice policy or immigration policy, either at the state or federal level.

And also, I was accepted into UCLA, George Washington and American University, (no free money though).

I got a rejection from HKS, GSPP and MIT city planning :cry: