MFA photography programs?

meese

So I've come to the start of the 2014 season of applications. This will be my first round and I would like some input from people who've gone through the process.

I was also wondering if you guys know the good photography programs with good funding. The more funding the better of course.

I'm sure I will have more questions sooner or later.

I'm also applying this year for MFA photography.  Am currently enrolled at MICA's low-res. program, but looking at full-time programs this time.

In terms of funding; I've got UC Irvine and UCSD on my list for that.  

Heard that U of Arizona, and U of New Mex. have good programs and funding. 

Also, U of Illinois.

Want to do websites?

Who's your dream faculty?

I'm also applying this year for MFA photography.  Am currently enrolled at MICA's low-res. program, but looking at full-time programs this time.

In terms of funding; I've got UC Irvine and UCSD on my list for that.  

Heard that U of Arizona, and U of New Mex. have good programs and funding. 

Also, U of Illinois.

Want to do websites?

Who's your dream faculty?

I've just started the process and I'm looking at least at SAIC, my list is somewhere [just can't find it], but I just got advised by my old professor about some other places, such as temple? I've also heard some things of U of I urbana-champaign, but I have to factor in the spaces around the university too, I'm hoping to either go to programs more north in the country or out of country.

I don't have a website setup per se, and I'm also highly self-depreciative on my art so I can message you a link to a website that has some of my photos up. It's just that I really need to get off the site I'm on [shamefully, deviantart :/ ]

I don't much have a dream faculty as a dream facility. Coming from a university whose arts department consists of 1 epson r3000, a darkroom the size of a walk-in closet, one studio that gets highly competitive during still-life times, and a print lab that's even smaller than the darkroom makes me dream of space.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked UNLV when I looked into it. U of Oregon looks pretty good (Eugene) as does WashU (Seattle). WashU (St. Louis) also has a great MFA program, and you work the other MFA candidates from other media. 

That's all I got. Good luck!