New School

I have received word back from a few schools and I am trying to make a decision on which one to attend.

One of the schools I was admitted to was the New School University for their International Affairs

program.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this program?? Reputable? Any info anyone could

provide on this program would helpful.

Thanks.

i was v excited about my acceptance to the new school until my undergrad prof told me to google what is going on there now with current president/profs and all that... you should check it out, current president is not loved by all at alll...... causing some serious prblems there.

The official admission letter/funding package should be arriving via postal mail sometime next week.

After reading the current state of the university through various articles, I don't know what to think.

Seems like a risk to go there, in terms of reputation. Outside of New York, I am guessing not many

people know of the university. Would that be correct to assume?

I don't know what other schools you applied to, but if I were you, I would go to one that had a highly-respected program (Foreign Policy magazine publishes one: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms. ... 685&page=1). Or I would go to a school where you could get a lot of practical experience. Having been in the job market, I've discovered that experience and quality of education (i.e. one of the best programs in a certain field) are the most important factors in securing a good job.

Actually, it's an affiliate member of APSIA, but I'm also curious to know more about its reputation. I know it's a fairly young program (less than 10 years old, maybe?). Their International Field Program seems to offer some great opportunities, but I don't know anything about day to day life as a student.

Really? I checked before I wrote that and again now and I don't see it on the affiliate list anywhere - am I missing something?

APSIA isn't the end-all-and-be-all or anything but it helps - I don't think New School is on the list anywhere, but that doesn't mean it's not a decent program.

Actually, you're right. The Wikipedia entry for APSIA lists them as an affiliate school, but there's no mention on the APSIA website.

The online encyclopedia ANYONE can edit! Sorry for the misinformation. I'm still curious to hear from any students of the program, though.