UMass Boston vs. Northeastern for a MA in History- HELP!

shaboomshaboom

Hi All!

I'm trying to decide between two schools for my masters in History (with a concentration in Public History): UMass Boston and Northeastern. I don't know much about the reputation of the schools, or the quality of their education...

If anyone knows ANYTHING about their history programs, or has any advice, please feel free to share

Thanks so much.

If money is not an issue, I would probably side with Northeastern on reputation alone.

I'm not sure quite how to phrase this, but why are you trying to decide between two schools knowing nothing about either their reputation or quality of education?

If money is not an issue, I would probably side with Northeastern on reputation alone.

I'm not sure quite how to phrase this, but why are you trying to decide between two schools knowing nothing about either their reputation or quality of education?

Good question. I plan on working in Boston, so I want to go to school there... both schools have placements, and really focus on getting the students acquainted with the public history world in Boston, so I think it would be beneficial.

Also I should specify, I know about the reputations of the schools in GENERAL, but not specifically for their history departments. 

• 2 months later...