USC vs Carnegie Mellon help

Gabe2344

New to the boards here and have spent some time today scanning through this board. So I have basically narrowed my top choices down to either the USC program or the program at CMU, as both have offered me some money. There seems to be a shortage on new information or folks interested in either of these programs for the most part. Can anybody out there offer some insight/opinions on either of those programs? Feel free to hit me up on email or pm too if you would like or are in a similar situation.

I am also somewhat considering Harris, but not very interested in a heavy quantitative focus as I have spent the last 8 years in a position that is high on that stuff and need a change. And it costs a ton for me since they didn't hook up the money.

Thanks

I think Carnegie Mellon is a great program. Its skill-based curriculum is quite attractive to most employers--Heinz graduates come out of their two-years actually knowing how to use technology, analysis, etc. to contribute to their organizations in a meaningful way.

I don't know much about USC, so I can't offer much of a comparison... but I don't think it is in the same class as CMU.

Hello everybody!

That's my first message in this interesting forum!, I also got an admission offer with half tuition financial aid for the MSPPM at CMU and with a less generous 5k (renewable for the second year) for the MALD at Fletcher School at Tufts.

Money counts, of course but I am also seriously considering the focuses of the two schools, the impression I have is that CMU is slightly more innovative and technology oriented while Fletcher seems more 'traditional' International relation studies (read a lot of IR theory), is that correct?

I would like to hear your feedbacks and your thoughts, i am also thinking to cross the ocean (I am currently based in Paris) to pay a visit to the two schools before taking a decision

All the best!