UBC MA Economics news?

sanfoan

Hey just curious if any of you have gotten news from UBC MA Economics? I know some people got decisions who applied before the January 31st deadline but I applied in February so I am more interested in hearing from those people. I am getting a little nervous because I have another acceptance and have until the 7th of April to accept or reject. Hopefully they will answer me by then.

I applied for a different MA program back in January and I received an informal response about 2 weeks ago from the dept. Technically, I still haven't received any "official" notification from the school.

Additionally, I'm in a situation similar to yours - waiting on two schools with an April 3 response deadline for the other. I simply contacted the GDR and graduate program services and I was granted a 2 week extension. In fact, some schools already incorporate a 2 week grace period (unbeknownst to applicants, of course). I would call graduate services and request an extension on the deadline... the worst they can do is say "no".

Good luck!

• 3 months later...

Hey anyone who got in care to share their stats or tell me if I have a chance to get into UBC MA Econ

UGrad in USA - BSc Mechanical Engineering Ivy League 3.3/4.0 GPA

GRE - 800 V, 720 Q, 4.5 AW

Econ/Finance Prep - Intermediate Macro/Micro, Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting 'A' in all four classes. Also took two Development Economics classes while studying abroad in England for which I didn't get assigned grades.

Math Prep - My math grades are not quite stellar with a C in Linear Algebra. I was having a bad semester. Is it worth taking some math courses at a local university to remedy this, as I know Canadian admission is based solely on grades.