Going german..?

Is it inappropriate to say in a purpose statement that you want to transition from providing schadenfreude to instead creating gesamtkunstwerk?

I think it's a "simple" and few-words-as-possible way of saying I'd like to revive my career in the arts and go on to do great things.. but I feel perhaps the intended humor would be lost on the adcom.

Learned people of the cafe, what say you?

I'd be worried that such humor will be lost, misunderstood, or understood yet not amuse the readers. Can you reasonably expect your readers to understand the nuances of the German terms? Also, is it true that Gesamtkunstwerk is identified with a certain artistic stream -- and if so, is everybody on board or will some people not like you because of your taste or because of this statement you are making about your artistic preferences? I really have no clue here, but it came to mind. If there is a chance you'll come across as polarizing or that you'll just fall flat with the humor, I'd stay away from it.