Recommendations for top programs in cognitive science, computational linguistics or HCI?

essequamvideri

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for the question, but can anyone recommend schools which have top programs in at least one of those fields? I have solid grades and research experience, and am hoping to apply to a Master's program in one of those fields (if the school offers funding for Master's students), but am also considering PhD programs. Obviously MIT is known for all of those areas, and I have also looked at Stanford (which doesn't seem to fund Master's students for CS or Symbolic Systems), Berkeley (which seems to have decent financial support), and Harvard (which for some reason requires CS students to take Theory regardless of their concentration). Can anyone recommend some more programs?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by essequamvideri

Hi there,

Are you interest in Cognitive Science through Psychology?

I am currently working on an MSc in Cognitive Brain Science and Behaviour - Psychology and am looking at schools for my PhD.

If you are I would suggest looking at Carnegie Mellon. It has been recommended to me by several of my current Profs as well as some friends who are currently attending. They are ranked highly - especially in the cognitive sciences.

I would also look at the University of Missouri - again an excellent Cognitive program that has come highly recommended to me.

Hope this helps!

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I'm more interested in Cognitive Science from a computer science perspective (which is what I studied, and why the other programs are CS-based), so probably something like computational neuroscience (though I do admittedly have very wide interests, but this is the type of program I would be most qualified for given my background).

CMU is certainly a great school. At this point, I am leaning more towards HCI/CL programs (which CMU is also known for), so any other suggestions would be appreciated!