LSU

I recently was accepted into LSU's mathematics PhD program

I didn't receive any assistantships because I am on probational status until I graduate from my undergraduate institution and can't apply for any of the spots. My question is does anyone know how hard assistantships are to get? And if I apply for them in the summer are they even possible to get?

• 3 weeks later...

i've never heard of getting support starting in the summer. most programs admit only in the fall, some make exceptions for the spring.

however, it is possible to get an adjunct position at a school over the summer, but i think it is most common to start in the fall even for this position.

best of luck.

i've never heard of getting support starting in the summer. most programs admit only in the fall, some make exceptions for the spring.

i believe the OP meant that he isn't allowed to apply for support until his undergrad is complete. so he wont be able to actually apply for support for the fall until this summer, whereas those who graduated earlier were able to apply for financial support for the fall when they sent in their applications.

basically he's asking if we think they'll even be any funding left for him since so many others will have already been awarded something.

as far as an answer to the OP's question, i have no idea.