GRE craziness

colorless

Hello

I am an international and I took GRE last year. My scores are weird: my verbal is relatively high compared to many people esp. international applicants but my quantitative score is so low. I mean very very low. I have always been good at verbal tests and bad at maths... and I was pregnant and due in two weeks when I took the test (not even fitting in the desk!). Since I'm applying to humanities/social sciences I mainly focused on verbal and did not concentrate on maths at all, left out many questions and the result was horrible. I knew that I'd suck but even I did not expect it. My verbal is OK and it would be OK if I apply but... I did apply to some schools last year but nothing happened because of bad fit and lack of communication with POI. But maybe these GRE scores were also to blame? This year I have very positive feedback from profs and I'm really enthusiastic...

Should I retake the exam? Pay all that money again? Last time I had not even looked at math sample questions before the test so maybe in a few weeks I can find time to overview -at least- some terms and be ready for an average score and I'm definitely not pregnant anymore so my brain is maybe functioning more. Or not (sigh- sleepless baby nights).