Inconsistencies between reported GRE scores and actual GRE scores

jazzrap

Hi Guys,

Hope you don't find me too paranoid. I have a question that should not be an issue, but it might create potential problems for me. The last time I looked at my GRE scores, I noticed that the ETS adjusted the percentiles a little bit. However, I already sent the paper reports to all the schools using ETS and I do not remember if I clicked on the send button before the adjustment or after the adjustment. As I am filling out the application forms, I need to fill out the percentiles for my scores. Should I fill out the percentiles as they appear now or those percentiles before the adjustment (note that I have these down because the ETS sent me a paper report shortly after the exam)? Either way, there is some probability that "inconsistencies" might appear between my percentiles on the application form and the percentiles reported to the schools by the ETS. And I don't want to look dishonest. I planned to insert "percentiles subjected to change" in those percentile boxes on application forms, but they don't allow any space there after you put in the actual numbers. 

It seems to be a "you worry too much question", but I still find it quite annoying. Any ideas?

Everyone's GRE percentiles are subject to change, and schools know that! In general, I would put the percentiles that are on the report the schools actually receive, which should be the most up-to-date ones!

Don't worry about this at all. Schools are used to seeing GRE reports where percentiles shift. As long as you're reporting the percentiles ETS gave you (either the old or current ones), you're doing the best you can to honestly report, and there won't be any issues.

Everyone's GRE percentiles are subject to change, and schools know that! In general, I would put the percentiles that are on the report the schools actually receive, which should be the most up-to-date ones!

I don't know what they would actually receive, as I don't remember if the adjustment came after I sent the reports or before. But I guess I am just going to report the current ones (adjusted ones). If they find small differences, they would know it is because of percentile update I think. Thanks!!

Don't worry about this at all. Schools are used to seeing GRE reports where percentiles shift. As long as you're reporting the percentiles ETS gave you (either the old or current ones), you're doing the best you can to honestly report, and there won't be any issues.

Great. I will just fill the current ones in. Thanks!