I emailed them on Monday the 23rd and they never emailed me back. I think it's rude and I'm rather pissed about it. I know that a bunch of people got accepted the last week of February... so. Who knows.

It's a busy time. I'm not really sure that you can assume that not being emailed back is a sign of rudeness, but rather a sign of being very busy, or on spring break, or trying to have an answer for you before they email back. I know we're all stressed about the process, but just take a step back for a moment and think, are they actually doing something I should be pissed about, or am I just pissed in general and nervous and taking it out on faceless email addresses? When I worked in a financial aid office, I had lunch with the admissions staff all of the time (we were in the same building) and these people seriously worked 12 hour days AND saturdays sometimes, and they still didn't have a chance to be nearly as prompt as they would have liked, but they were good people.

yeah I suppose I'm not that pissed about it... and it is the frustration and exhaustion talking. Sorry if I appeared obnoxious.

Oh, no, I wasn't trying to call you obnoxious. I just happen to have first-hand experience with some admissions staff who were really sweet, dedicated, overworked people, so I always try to give other admissions people the benefit of the doubt.

Just got this a few hours ago. It's in response to my inquiry of my application status.

We have contacted our first round of accepted applicants; however, your file is still active. We expect to make admissions decisions through April. If you accept another offer before we are able to make a final decision about your application, please let us know. All best, and thanks for your inquiry, Holly

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck! I decided to accept South Carolina's offer, mostly because my mentor loved it there. I'm sure you'll hear from them really soon...Also, if you're interested (and don't already have it) I can send you the list of fall semester classes so you can gawk over it. Or maybe that's just my own nerdy idea of a good time...but I have a feeling we're all nerds here when it comes to books!

I'm in the same boat, waiting to hear from South Carolina. Actually, I'm waiting to hear from three other schools: University of Florida, University of Memphis, and LSU (waiting to hear about wait list news).

I broke down and emailed the DGS just now. This is the last school for me to hear from (or get rejected from) and I just want to know what I'm doing for the next year or so!! Arg. So, I'll keep you guys still waiting posted on what she says.

However, I'm not holding my breath.

It was just the typical standard email. Very impressed with your application... budget cuts... had to turn away lots of qualified candidates... should be receiving letter shortly... blah blah blah.

I however have not gotten a letter, and I live in Charlotte-- not very far at all from Columbia. So, who knows when you will find out for sure.