Mentioning POI correspondence in SOP

How have you approached this? Have you included it at all? I will, of course, be discussing how my research interests align with those of my POIs, etc., but is it necessary to mention that I have been in contact with them?

However, a professor at one school has offered to be my advisor if I am accepted, and, DANG, I'd love to allude to that. Thoughts?

How have you approached this? Have you included it at all? I will, of course, be discussing how my research interests align with those of my POIs, etc., but is it necessary to mention that I have been in contact with them?

However, a professor at one school has offered to be my advisor if I am accepted, and, DANG, I'd love to allude to that. Thoughts?

If your research interests align and the potential advisor has offered to host you, s/he can most likely be counted on to speak up during the admissions process. There is no need to write something like "based on my interactions with Dr. Qwerty I think this is the perfect research program for me," but I suppose you could if you just can't help yourself.