Jump to content

Fellowships for foreign students in the U.S.


Recommended Posts

I am a Canadian student pursuing a doctoral program in the U.S. It has been frustrating since I am ineligible for most of the fellowships I come across. You are required to be at least a U.S. permanent resident (green card holder). Are there any sources for international fellowships?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Firled: My question to you is, "why haven't you applied for a fellowship through the SSHRC in Canada?" As long as you received a previous degree from a Canadian University, you are eligible to apply for the SSHRC fellowship.

I applied for a SSHRC for the 2009 competition and was B-listed (rejected)so was looking for alternatives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use