Brown Cog and Ling Sci

Guest emma

Finally bit the bullet and made a decision! I'm joining the Department of Cognitive and Linguistic Sciences at Brown this fall, to study under Polly Jacobson as my advisor. Any others out there for Brown and/or the department and/or philosophy? (My interests are formal semantics and also philosophy of language a la Frege and neo-Fregean treatments.)

Guest daphna

hey, we already opened a thread for Brown in this part of the forum. You're welcome to join us there. :-)

Also, although there is no one in that thread from Philosophy, my sister is doing a Dphil in philosophy of language at Oxford, so the field is not entirely alien to me. :-)

• 2 months later...

Hey! I just saw your posts and thought I'd say hi since I am joining Brown in the fall as well. I am joining their engineering division to specialize in biomedical engineering. I went up and visited Brown earlier in May and I really liked it a lot. I got a chance to talk to faculty and to look for apartments. Anyhow, lets keep it coming! I hope we can meet more future Brown grad students and get to know eachother a bit before we head over to RI! ~Ashy

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use