U of Toronto?

drowsycat

Just received an offer package admitting me directly to their Ph.D. program, but actually I applied for MA...

Haven't expected such a result, so I would really appreciate any information on how do you like U of Toronto's sociology Ph.D program.

Thanks very much!

This reply is probably a little late considering you posted March 9th. I was previously in a soc. grad program but withdrew in the early 90's. I am finally applying again after working in what can best be described as applied sociology. I, and others I have met over the years, think highly of Toronto and believe it is greatly underrated and a strong choice for graduate school. If I was not intent on staying in CA, it would be on my short list.

This reply is probably a little late considering you posted March 9th. I was previously in a soc. grad program but withdrew in the early 90's. I am finally applying again after working in what can best be described as applied sociology. I, and others I have met over the years, think highly of Toronto and believe it is greatly underrated and a strong choice for graduate school. If I was not intent on staying in CA, it would be on my short list.

Thanks very much!

It's actually very prompt since I posted it March 30th (March 9th is the date that I registered in this forum : P).