Choice of schools - Electrical Engineering

eengg_grad

I know I am a little late to the party....but still I would like some feedback for my credentials maybe even for next yea

I have undergrad degree in Electrical Engineering with a 3.46 GPA. I won a gold medal in the final year research project but no actual research material was produced. I have a GRE score of Q:165 V:157 and AWA: 4.0 and a TOEFL score of 110. I also have a year's work experience. I have almost no extra curriculars but quite a good academic record throughout.

I would love to go to some of the top tier schools because eventually I want to be an academic - but is it too long a shot and too much to ask for? At the moment I am applying to UC Berkeley and Caltech.

i think you should apply to every school that you want to go to. you just really never know. theres people with 3.3 GPA's who get into top 5 engineering progams while the 4.0's get rejected. As long as you meet the minimum requirements (as far as GPA) and your GRE score is around the average of accepted students into that program, you should apply. 

Edited by TexasGuy