Online Application Formatting

StatsNerd

Probably a silly question but...

I've noticed that after submitting some of my online applications, there's an option to "print" a pdf version of the entire submitted application. It gives you one big long pdf file of everything you submitted, but the formatting for any individual documents (SOP, CV, etc.) is all messed up because it's all just smushed in with everything else. I'm really hoping this isn't how the AdComs review our applications. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or have any insight into this? Thanks!  :unsure:

It might be. Especially if anything went into a text box.

My latest app had text boxes for resume and SOP - but my admissions adviser told me to email them to him in PDF or DOC so the formatting could be properly taken into consideration.

You can always ask before you submit to make sure. I had a portfolio that went in through a special system art schools tend to use. I researched what the "end" product looks like by looking up the software manufacturer. It helped me craft the descriptive text and fill in the required fields for each piece so that they made sense when seen by the adcomm.

Edited by Loric

I'm talking about documents I uploaded into the application as pdf files (as requested), not stuff I entered into text boxes. ugh, that really sucks if it is how they view it. I don't know any way around it other than emailing all the documents separately, which I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want. 

But have you talked to someone about it..?

Might as well have pretty formatting if all it costs you is an email query and a follow-up with the documents.

If anything if that's the way it is, you can know to change your formatting to make it much more readable.