Formatting SOPs

Hi,

So I've finally reached a place where I'm feeling that my SOP is good enough to submit with my application, but now I'm unsure how to format it. 

I've added my name and 'Statement of Purpose' to the header and the page number in the footer in case the pages get shuffled around on the department/graduate school's end, but I'm not sure if there's something else I'm missing. None of the programs I'm applying to specify anything beyond the prompt, so I'm a little bit at a loss. Do I double-space? Is Times New Roman, 12pt font ideal? Is there an implied universal format which I'm unaware of or can I go with my own preferences? 

Thanks for any help!

I put my name at the top, my application term, and the school/department I was applying to. Don't put it in the margins, just at the top of the page, underlined.

Other than that, I just stuck to TNR, 12 font. I set mine to single-spaced so it would only be one page. Just don't use any crazy fonts or weird margins, and you will be fine.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll keep everything the usual standard settings and single-spaced then; definitely not going to go crazy and whip out some comicbook font. I'm just relieved things my applications are almost over. Just the long wait left.  :)