Another shoutout to the theatre people

Setzer85

So, the gist of this is that there hasn't been a theatre post in a while, so I feel justified starting a new one to:

a. say hi

and

b. find out what other theatre candidates have received decisions

This is my first post, but I've been lurking, well, since I discovered the Grad Cafe about a month ago. By that time all the applications were in and I just kept clicking on waiting-it-out and results. I'm not sure how it is for other areas of theatre, but the non-URTA design programs seem to love the waiting game. I'm located in Connecticut and only applied to 4 programs because my fiance has (and still has, luckily) a great job in finance and was tied to the region. Fortunately, there are some of the best programs here. Unfortunately, I really didn't consider safety schools and after being rejected by NYU at the beginning of March, have been living in terror of not getting in anywhere. I have an interview at SUNY Purchase this week, but professors at other schools (even an assistant professor at Purchase) have told me not to go there. After paying 100 bucks to apply, they want to me shell out another $35 for an interview fee- after not returning any of my emails about scheduling an interview back in February. So I think I'm justifiably on the fence about their program.

So, where have you heard back from- particularly non-Urta schools? And, do you have any thoughts about SUNY Purchase?

Yeah! another theatre person! I only applied to one school, Depaul, because I wanted to stay in Chicago. I was waitlisted the first week of March for MFA Acting. I probably won't hear anything until mid-April but I could hear something as late as June. If it happens great. If it doesn't happen, that's okay too. But I really hate waiting for anything and I'm not holding my breath.

I think that $135 is extremely steep for an application and interview. Their lack of communication would bother me as well. The professors warning you against the program would lead me to believe that the program may have a bad reputation in the theatre world.

Have you heard back from your other 2 schools yet?

Sel