Employment information on Applications

cpola

This may be a silly question but if I worked full time through College, is that something that admission officers care to know?  My jobs have nothing to do with the major I'm applying for.  I was told that the fact that I worked two jobs while in college and maintained a high GPA would look good on my applications.  I would think that colleges would only like to know about employment information that could be relevant to my major.  Can anyone clear this up for me?  Thanks!

It probably depends on what information the application asks for. If the only essay of any sort they want from you is a very professionally oriented SOP, then no, it doesn't make sense to mention your employment. If they ask for any sort of personal statement in addition to the SOP, or if they have a blank for any additional information that may be helpful, as many apps do, those would be good places to mention it.

Yeah, it's definitely impresses and lots of application a have a place for this sort of information. A personal history essay would be a good place for it. Also, an application I completed recently had a specific question on the online portion of the application asking about whether I worked during college and how many hours per week. If an application doesn't have that question, but had an additional comments/information section, you could out it there as well.

Many of the programs I'm applying to use the CDSCAS system and they have a specific section designated for employment so I guess I can put it there.  I just saw that some of the programs specifically asked for employment only if it's relevant to the specific major.  Thanks for the responses!