Anyone on the MSFS waitlist will hold on until June?

frane

Hi all, I met a dilemma now. I got in AU SIS (Int'l Economic Relations) and waitlisted by Gtown MSFS. I do want to go Gtown but the letter said people on the waitlist will not get final decision until June, while AU's response deadline is 4/15...

Anyone on the same boat with me? And will you wait till the last day?

Hey,

Yes, even I am on the MSFS waitlist. However, I'm still accepting my Chicago offer coz no point waiting around for something that might or might not happen. (though i would choose MSFS over Chicago).

I wonder how many people they wait-listed, and how many of those eventually get accepted.

No idea how many of us there are, but I'm still considering taking my spot there just to see. Still, frane, I'll be accepting one of my other offers in the interim (if you read the details, you can still drop American for MSFS in June - you just lose your deposit money).

Yes, I'm also curious how many people they waitlisted...

And, I, too, plan to just take the spot and to see what's the final result while accepting SIS's offer. But zourah, are you sure it's feasible to drop the accepted offer in June?...Will it do some harm on the personal credit or sth like that?

Yes, I'm also curious how many people they waitlisted...

And, I, too, plan to just take the spot and to see what's the final result while accepting SIS's offer. But zourah, are you sure it's feasible to drop the accepted offer in June?...Will it do some harm on the personal credit or sth like that?

I wouldn't apply for a PhD program in the department after dropping them in June, but schools aren't banks, and as far as I'm aware, it's considered standard practice. Hard feelings on the part of the "dumped" school, perhaps (though it's common enough I'd hope this isn't the case); long-term consequences, not so much.

Oh, that's a good news anyway, though I really don't want to get an acceptance mail in July when I'm supposed to be ready in getting the visa and heading AU.

Any idea on how large the waitlist pool is?...

On a recent chat for admitted students, they said they accepted 250 hoping to hit the 90 student mark. I'm not sure if that helps or not?

Well, it tells us that 160 people have to turn down their offers before anyone else gets considered. Unfortunately, it still offers little information as to how many "we" are...