What ECON PhD Programs Can I Get Into?

Austrian

Hello Everyone,

Hope all is well. Just curious...what ECON PhD programs do you guys think I can get into?

My stats:

GPA: 3.6

School: Top 120 University

GRE: 150

Major: Economics 

Other Relevant Math Experience: Calc I - III, Prob & Stats, Discrete Math, Linear Algebra, Quantitative Methods/Derivatives

Leadership (not that it matters in grad school): Leadership position in Student Government Association; volunteer literacy tutor in an urban neighborhood

Other Information: part of the University Honors Program

I am on track to graduate a year early. The only problem with this is that my school will not be offering Real Analysis again until the semester after I should be graduating. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your help!

Edited by Austrian

For what season are you applying?  If you're doing this year, you're cutting this a bit close!  You're going to want to have a few from all the tiers, etc etc. They'll mostly care about your stats and real analysis background, and so if you're not going to take analysis, you want to prove your ability in abstract math in other ways or tell them you plan on (and actually follow through) taking analysis over the summer at a local college or something. I didn't take it at all, and I got some questions about it, but I got into 2/3 econ programs, probably mostly on my research ability/recs. Basically, they don't want to invest in you if you're going to flunk out your first year, so prove them wrong.