Rhode Island MSW 2014?

lola9900

• 3 weeks later...

There seem to be a lot of lurkers to this post, so I thought I would provide an update on my process.  For those who applied electronically, if you sent your transcripts via snail mail, then your application will NOT update to indicate that RIC has received the transcripts.  Instead, when the transcripts are received and your file is complete, you will receive an email that tells you that your file has been sent for review.  (Also, if there is anything missing from your file, then the email would request X document(s) to complete your file).  The email I received, indicated that I would hear in a few weeks....fingers crossed!! 

If anyone else has applied, been accepted, enrolled, or is in the process of applying, I would appreciate any information that they have on the program itself, on Rhode Island, Providence, or the application process.  Thanks :)

• 1 month later...

Hello, Lola!

I applied to RIC on 1/25 and received a call from the Dean on 2/13 congratulating me on my acceptance. I am still waiting on the letter, which I should receive soon given that I live in Rhode Island.  Have you heard yet?

RIC is highly regarded by the locals. I went to an Information Session in the Fall which was led by a first-year student.  She provided valuable information regarding the personal statement and what the committee wants to see, but nothing more.  I do know that have Micro and Clinical intervention methods, but they don't seem to have concentrations.  RIC is also a wonderful bargain when you compare its price tag to the schools just 1 hour north of Providence.  I was accepted to Boston U and I quickly declined their offer!

I am very much in love with Providence!  It is a lively city with stuff to do and you can easily get away to the larger cities (Boston, NYC). There are great restaurants, a decent night life and I love the Farmers Markets. I will tell you that the public transportation is not that great, but you can get around the state in you do significant planning and practice patience. 

Good luck!

I should have written that RIC offers both Macro and Clinical intervention methods.  One should never post too quickly without proofreading!