CMU ECE PhD

karthikrg

Hi,

I hadn't got ANY information from CMU about my PhD ECE application for Fall 2009. I emailed apps@ece.cmu.edu and got this response.. I think it is a polite reject.

To: Karthik Ramgopal

Date: Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:45 AM

Subject: RE: Regarding ECE PhD application

Mailed-by: ece.cmu.edu

hide details Mar 31 (2 days ago) Reply

Hello,

We are truly sorry but it is unlikely that you will be accepted to our graduate program at this point, even though the faculty will continue to make a few decisions until the end of this week. If you have offers from other universities, we do encourage you to pursue them. We have had a considerable number of exceptional students like yourself but the department's resources and physical facilities impose limitations for the number of students who can be admitted.

Thank you for your interest in Carnegie Mellon University, and we wish you good luck in your future educational endeavors.

Lynne Smith

Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:42 PM

To: apps@ece.cmu.edu

Subject: Regarding ECE PhD application

- Hide quoted text -

Sir/Madam,

I am an applicant to the PhD program in ECE for the Fall 2009 session at CMU. I have not yet received any information from the department about the decision on my admission. Could you please let me know that by when the department is expected to announce it's decisions.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,

Karthik Ramgopal

E-Mail: karthikrg.bits@gmail.com

Undergraduate degree (in progress): BE (Hons.), Computer Science and Engineering, BITS Pilani, India

I am posting this for the benefit of people who haven't yet heard from CMU.