"Please use this section to list outside (non-MIT) financial resources such as fellowships, grants, loans, and savings." (MIT app) Savings?

Table

Please use this section to list outside (non-MIT) financial resources such as fellowships, grants, loans, and savings. All admitted students will be considered for full or supplementary Research Assistantships, Teaching Assistantships, and Fellowships offered by the Linguistics and Philosophy Department.

Assured financial resources in US dollars:

Sources could include savings, spouse, other family/friends, employer, other agencies (money already granted).

Would you/did you actually include your savings information? 

Edited by Table

Took me approx. 5 years to fill out. "Applicants to the Philosophy Program are required to list only relevant texts and authors in this section" What does that even mean? 

"Applicants to the Philosophy Program are required to list only relevant texts and authors in this section" -- yes, this section is completely unclear to me.  What are you all taking this to mean and how are you filling it out?

For my "subjects," I listed my phil and phil-relevant courses. Included the main books we used for all of the courses listed, because who knows. 

Maybe they want you to list all of your courses and only include texts for the philosophy & phil-relevant ones? It's a mystery to me.