Legit torture! This mental cruelty!

Loric

I am sitting here bawling after opening my mail. Had an awful day and super stressed out over work - and I've mentioned opening the mail is a stressful experience thanks to the school I want to get into sending me constant "stuff" in the mail but not an accept/reject.

Today, it was an innocuous tiny envelope. All their other stuff was ultra glossy or came in a big box from UPS. I said their mailed stuffed stressed me out but this tiny envelope - obviously not marketing or info session material.. But not the normal size of a letter caused me pause.

My admissions advisor sent me a birthday card! A hand written birthday card!

Gah!?!?!?

Who are these people and why are they torturing me?!?!?

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I am sitting here bawling after opening my mail. Had an awful day and super stressed out over work - and I've mentioned opening the mail is a stressful experience thanks to the school I want to get into sending me constant "stuff" in the mail but not an accept/reject.

Today, it was an innocuous tiny envelope. All their other stuff was ultra glossy or came in a big box from UPS. I said their mailed stuffed stressed me out but this tiny envelope - obviously not marketing or info session material.. But not the normal size of a letter caused me pause.

My admissions advisor sent me a birthday card! A hand written birthday card!

Gah!?!?!?

Who are these people and why are they torturing me?!?!?

Is that normal? 

Would seem odd to send you that and then reject you a week later. 

Edited by Gnome Chomsky

That's awesome! That's practically an acceptance in itself. No one would be cruel enough to wish you a happy birthday, and then shatter your dreams.

...Right?

My birthday is going to fall just before decisions for my programs roll out. Okay, I can't think about this any longer.