Help ME!

Chamchewy

So I have been accepted to all the schools that applied. However, none of them give me money except one. I am trying to decide between three schools: NYU (Economics and MPA); UMD-CP (MBA and MPP); and Cornell (MPA with fellowship). NYU is very attractive, but I do not want to go in debt. Cornell is also good with the potential of getting a double degree of Law and MPA. Please, advice would help very much.

I am an international student. So once I finish school here, I will return to my country (SE Asia). I hope to involve myself in international development, specifically looking into trade and development. So an ideal career path would be working for my country's government.

I don't know how anyone can say one way or the other because you have mentioned 5 different degrees: MPA, MPP, MBA, MA Econ and JD. Although there are similarities, the differences between these degrees may matter depending on what you think you may want to do. Business, politics, non-profit, law? You have applied across the board here and it would help to know what you are thinking....

Thank you very much for all your advices. I came to the same reasonings too. Cornell would be great, except I am not sure if I will be accepted to their law program. Does anyone has any advice for writing a letter telling the a program that you will not be attending?