What's a good $ deal?

muffin

(I apologize if this is covered in another topic, I looked around a bit...)

I have been offered a financial aid package, but how do I know if it's a "good" deal or not? How do I know if I should push for more?

I figured that it's similar to a job offer, where you always want to push for a little more, so I responded to the department head, doing just that. The thing is, I have no point of reference to know whether I should shut my mouth and be happy, or if they are being stingy.

At the outset, I accepted that I would have to pay for it all, but reading around here, I know that's not always the case. Maybe now I'm a little greedy. I will be attending the school no matter what, but I sure want to get all I can.

The school has covered my full tuition but I have a lot of loans....

$13,300 school grant

$8,500 subsidized Stafford

$12,000 unsubsidized Stafford

$6,000 work study cap.

Should I shut my mouth? Or push?

Thanks.

This all depends on so much...

How much can you afford/how much do you want to spend?

It the program worth it to you?

Will you be able to work at all?

You should always push for you. And unlike a job, they have accepted you, they cannot unaccept you now... push all you want.

I guess it comes down to personal choice... it is a good deal...to you?

Without knowing what school or program... the deal seems pretty ok, not amazing, and not a joke.... it is really up to you.