Ohio State

warrior3

Rejections will take a while to process, and nobody else has claimed acceptances yet, so it might be a fluke early admission. If you haven't heard yet, and you applied there, don't worry for another couple of weeks.

Seconded. It's not uncommon for acceptances to go out over the course of several days, or even weeks. 

Second acceptance has been posted... though, if you are a stronger candidate that didn't make it through to the top fold they may hold onto you until they have a solid yes or no from the first round of acceptances. 

It seems like they often hold off on rejections in order to not put all their eggs in one basket. 

There will certainly be more acceptances from Ohio State.  All we know now is that a few people have been admitted.  It's complicated, but some departments (including the one with which I'm presently connected) attempt to gauge the likelihood of the first half-dozen or so applicants going elsewhere.  This allows the department to extend the best financial packages to the next-best six applicants, e.g.  This is one of several possible reasons for the slow drip. 

Also, FYI, I updated the results on my blog: http://faircloudblog.wordpress.com.  I'm putting everything in one place, and I hope people will find the blog useful.  It's a way for me to pass the (stressful) time of application season.