Brown Epidemiology PhD Program

garcb321

Has anyone here been contacted by the Epidemiology PhD program at Brown? If so, when were you contacted and when did you apply? How were you contacted?

I feel like there is not a whole lot of communication coming from this department...

• 3 weeks later...

I applied to a sister department (Health Services, Policy and Practice). They asked me to attend a recruitment day in late January and I am actually on the way there now (on the train). I applied on January 5th or so.

edit: I applied on Jan 5, not on Dec 15 as I initially stated. Got a few deadlines mixed up in my head.

Edited by weiwentg

I applied to a sister department (Health Services, Policy and Practice). They asked me to attend a recruitment day in late January and I am actually on the way there now (on the train). I applied on December 15th or so.

I applied on the January 5...the day of the deadline.

Edited by SheKnowsNothing

Thanks for the info!

Would you happen to know if all interview invitations have been sent out?

Any word on if you both got in?

What were your guys' stats...if you don't mind me asking?

I just came back from recruitment day, where all the programs were present. From what I heard, we were all the top candidates, and they're only taking 4 to 5 applicants per program (there were about 10 to 11 people present per program). It is really competitive!

I got 97th percentile verbal, 87th quant (raw scores of 167 and 163, I think). Not a good GPA in my MPH (about 3.15 out of 4), but a lot of work experience in an area where Brown HSR faculty have a lot of work, so it's a good match.

• 2 weeks later...