Transfers

Rabbit Run

Hello all,

I am currently a student at Princeton Seminary and am considering transferring to Yale Divinity. Does anyone have any experience with transferring between schools/programs? Essentially I applied to YDS last cycle and was accepted but could not attend due to funding. While I'd be happy to stay at PTS, YDS is a better fit academically and denominationally.

I recall one or two transfer students from my time at Yale, and as I recall you're required to go through the same application process as a first year. On top of that, I believe, there's a policy that potential transfer credits won't be evaluated until you spend a semester at Yale.

Now, what that latter requirements means in terms of what classes you can take, I don't know. Presumably they'd let you take upper level courses but than again, they may require you to take Freshman level courses since, in theory, your upper level standing hasn't been established or evaluated yet. That part of the process can really only be addressed by the Admissions or Registrar's Office - or, perhaps someone here has experience transferring into Yale.